We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in the field of HCI and ageing to work on an SFI funded project 'Enabling Self-Care and Shared Decision Making for People Living with Dementia'. This is a three year role. The project is a collaboration with TU Dublin. The aim of the project is to develop a toolkit that integrates a number of novel technologies including a visual digital care plan, domestic and on body sensors supported by machine learning algorithms for activity recognition - to support home-based care planning, monitoring and shared decision making by people with dementia and their formal and informal carers.
The role involves, but is not limited to the following:
- Conduct requirements gathering and co-design workshops with older people living with dementia and their caregivers.
- Understand the needs of this user group and how to design technology for them.
- Lead the design of the digital visual care plan, ensuring that it is simple to use, intuitive and will encourage adoption and usage. Collaborate with software developers during the development process.
- Lead a study involving older persons with dementia and their caregivers using the designed technology at home. Evaluate experiences and examine issues including usability, motivations, behaviour change.
- Conduct statistical analysis on findings.
- Contribute to reports and publications on the research programme.